Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Z9RAXVMZ3TV4

Woo. I finally got my Technorati code, as seen in the title. For those unfamiliar with Technorati, it's this awesome site filled will all kinds of cool techy stuff that I'm trying to submit my blog URL to. And to do that, I had to post a code to show that I'm actually the author of said blog.

Enough about blog directories. Let's talk chocolate, specifically M&M's. Yesterday I had to count a ton of M&M's for stats. Specifically, over 640. Yes, there really are over 600 M&M's in each 19.2 oz bag. Hard to believe, huh? For the record, counting the number of M&M's for each individual color in the bag is not for a neurotic person like myself. I messed up (or at least, I thought so) my counting about 5 times, so then I had to recount again (I didn't want to screw up my results). In short, it took about an hour just to do a few simple things with a bag of M&M's. I felt pathetic. Thankfully, the information that I needed has been submitted, and now my bag of M&M's sits on my desk for me to eat while working. Oh statistics, how I love you so. Math and chocolate? It doesn't get much better than this.

Other than lots of counting, chocolate, and sig figs, I have developed a bad case of the senior jitters. It's terrible. I'm slightly terrified of all the applications I need to fill out and submit. It doesn't help that I feel like I'm suffering from an incurable case of writer's block. I really hate writer's block. It just feels like I can't find a way around it. I'm reading "How to Read Literature Like a Professor" for lit, and the author talked about how long it took him to write one of the chapters in the book. He said something about baking bread to get rid of the writer's block. Maybe I should do that. It goes beyond just writer's block for me though. I have ending block. It's that little thing when you spend a ton of time writing an essay, and you think it's really good, and you love the way it flows, and then it hits you. You can't think of a proper ending. You try, and you try, but everything that you write sounds trite, lame, or Disneyesque. And that is currently the phase I'm stuck in. Hopefully the creativity bug will return soon, and I'll have some amazing spark of inspiration to write about something interesting. Until then, I'll just have to keep trying.

Hoping all the other seniors out there are not suffering from anxiety/writer's block,
Hannah


3 comments:

  1. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that you possess a degree of expertise on this subject, I would like to hear much more from you on this subject matter – I have bookmarked this page and will return soon to hear additional about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete